OK, kids, it’s time for the obligatory end-of-year stats post. So here’s the breakdown for 2012:
- 85 books read (2 less than last year, and just shy of my Goodreads goal)
- 62 of these were fiction
- Of the 23 nonfiction books I read, 7 were memoirs
- I could not finish 2 books despite reading more than half
- I read approximately 30,301 pages, which is less than both 2011 & 2010.
I have been more discerning in my rankings this year. I gave way more 5 star reviews in prior years…
- 27 *****
- 45 ****
- 9 ***
- 3 **
- 1 *
Goals for the upcoming year:
- Read more quality, not necessarily quantity. I’ve added some chunkers to my TBR Challenge pile, like Gone with the Wind. And I heard Satanic Verses is challenging, plus I hope to read that in tandem with Rushdie’s memoir, Joseph Anton, which is pretty hefty, too.
- Get through some of my unread BEA acquisitions, and work on some series’ that I still haven’t finished (the Matthew Shardlake Mysteries, The Alchemyst, the newest Kate Burkholder book, just to name a few).
- Stop screwing around on my iPhone so much and actually read more at home, not just during my commute.
- Get The Hubs to read more.
- Attend the entire duration of BEA and spend more QT with my blogger friends.
What about you? What are some of your aspirations for the upcoming year?