I’m borrowing Bookishly Boisterous Christine’s topic to let you know what’s been going on in by brain this week…
- Jodi Picoult’s new book The Storyteller comes out on Tuesday. Yes, it will probably be as formulaic as all of her other books. Yes, I will buy it.
- I didn’t read a single book from my TBR Challenge Pile in February, so when I’m done with my current read, I think I’m going to tackle Bonk by Mary Roach. Guaranteed for a good laugh while learning. About sex.
- Speaking of Mary Roach, did you know she has a new book coming out in April called Gulp? A must acquire.
- I got my copy of Bookmarks magazine yesterday (which informed me about Gulp) and therefore added 11 books to my wish list.
- My mom is staying with us for a few days, and she realized she left her copy of The Fall of Giants at home, I gave her my copy to read while she’s visiting. When I asked her what’s happening right now in the plot, she said “They’re still embroiled in the war.” I said, “That’s the whole book, Mom.”
- I just. Don’t. Get. Nascar. But for some reason it’s on my TV right now. Left turn. Left turn. Left turn. Guess I will spend the afternoon reading.
- Once February is over, I’m going to share some statistics from my Month of Letters. I have “met” some super cool people and spent quite a bit of money on postage.
That’s all for now. Have a great week, everyone…