OK, so I’m 2 days late for The Broke and The Bookish’s Top Ten Tuesday, but I like what other bloggers have had to say about authors they auto-buy, so I thought I’d share my own list (in no particular order):
- Jodi Picoult – As evidenced by paying full price for her newest book this week.
- Ian McEwan – Never disappoints. Ever.
- Ann Patchett – Elegant and eloquent.
- Erik Larson – Some of the best non-fiction around.
- Steve Berry – More entertaining than Dan Brown.
- Robert K. Massie – Especially if it’s about the Romanovs.
- J.K. Rowling – Well, you know…
- Chuck Palahniuk – Although, he’s sliding downhill in my estimation.
- Khaled Hosseini – Did you know his new novel And the Mountains Echoed comes out May 21?
- Pat Conroy – I savor his writing like delicious food.
Close calls: Geraldine Brooks and Melanie Benjamin (mostly because I tend to get their newest releases via the Vine, so I don’t need to buy them).
Some of my friends’ lists:
- Beth at Too Fond (we have Patchett in common)
- Rory at Fourth Street Review
- Christine at Bookishly Boisterous (we both love Rowling, Patchett, and McEwan)
And check out the Broke and Bookish post for many more auto-buy lists!