Wow, what a great year for reading, blogging, and living! So here are some highlights from 2013:
- In January, Literate Housewife Jennifer and I hung out and made crafty bookmarks.
- I attended author events with Carol Anshaw, Sophie Littlefield, and Amy Gail Hansen.
- I judged the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards for the second year in a row.
- I participated in World Book Night.
- I took an awesome beach vacation to North Carolina.
- The Hubs and I celebrated our 10th anniversary with a romantic week at a lakeside cabin.
- During vacation, I hosted some amazing guest posts by some of my dearest blogger friends: Picky Girl Jenn, Relentless Reader Jennifer, Fourth Street Rory, Sophisticated Dork Kim, Bookishly Boisterous Christine, and Literate Housewife Jennifer.
- I celebrated my second blogiversary.
- I celebrated my 500th blog post.
- I participated in Nonfiction November, and it was such fun.
- I turned 34.
- I acquired 6 signed books, bringing my total to 41.
- I won 4 books from Goodreads.
- The Vine provided me with 34 books.
- I read 92 books, surpassing my Goodreads goal of 80 for the year (72 fiction, 20 nonfiction). That’s a new record for me!
I already have so much to look forward to in 2014 including a new directive (stay tuned), four tours already on the calendar, and author events with Melanie Benjamin and James Rollins.