Update 5: 6:09 pm. Last update of the day, folks! So I am participating in the mid-event survey:
1. What are you reading right now? Alice in Zombieland
2. How many books have you read so far? 1.7
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I’m going to finish Alice, and if I’m still motivated, I’ll try to finish The Sisters Who Would Be Queen, an excellent biography of the Grey sisters.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I just took them in stride. When the dryer buzzed, I folded laundry. When the dishwasher finished, I put the dishes away. When the Hubs put Friends reruns on, I allowed myself to get a little distracted.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? This is not my first rodeo, but I bought waaaay too much food.
The Hubs is watching the Bulls game, and the Hawks also play tonight, so I’m going to keep reading and may do another update in the morning. But I also have dinner to prep, which I’ve been doing in increments (breaking down a rotisserie chicken, shredding cheese). We are having enchiladas tonight with all the fixings.
Despite the event not going as planned, I wasn’t going to let it ruin my day. I got some chores done and I am so happy I finally read The Outsiders.
Update 4: 3:00 pm. I finished The Outsiders, and WOW. I was barely keeping it together when Johnny and Dallas died, but when Darry called Ponyboy “baby,” I lost it.
Pages read: 199
Snacks: Very spicy radishes and cheese itz
Currently reading: Alice in Zombieland
Update 3: 1:28 pm. I’m participating in my first challenge: Treasure Hunt, and the task was to find a book with a tree, a weapon, and snow. I culled all three from my nonfiction shelf:
I bought this awesome bracelet a few weeks ago. It has interchangeable letter charms, and what’s more fitting than expressing book nerdiness on a day like today! It came with the whole alphabet and the possibilities are endless.
We had grand plans to make brie and raspberry jam grilled cheese for lunch, but since we’re not hosting company, we made that for dinner last night. So we just had McD’s for lunch. The Hubs and I have been so good about not eating fast food, this is the first time I’ve had a burger and fries in MONTHS.
Update 2: 12:05 am. Almost 100 pages down and I am loving The Outsiders so far. I got a little choked up when Johnny was in the hospital. It is raining and dreary, so it’s the perfect day to be cuddled up in my hoodie in my chair. I’ve snacked on pistachios and giant mutant blueberries.
Update 1: 10:23 am. I’m taking a break to shower, start a load of laundry, and put some dishes away. I’m 60 pages into The Outsiders and I’m loving it so far. No snacks yet, but I think I might dig in to the goodies after I’ve done some chores.
I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me. -Ponyboy Curtis
Good morning everyone! Plans have changed and I’m reading solo, but I’ve had a breakfast of yogurt with fruit and granola, and I’m ready to get started. I actually set my alarm for 8:00, which is super early for me on a Saturday, but I’ve got my coffee and my old River Trails Jr High library copy of The Outsiders, so I’m snuggled up in my jammies and diving in.