Not that I’m excited or anything, but damn, opening that box was like my Nerd Christmas. So here’s what we got:
- The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry by Rachel Joyce – This was featured at the Editor’s Buzz, and I found Rachel at the Random House booth the next morning for a signature.
- Hemingway’s Girl by Erika Robuck – I got this in the BBC swag bag and she was attending the lunch, so I got it signed.
- Everything Beautiful Began After by Simon Van Booy – He was so swoonworthy at the Harper Collins event and both times I ran into him at the Expo.
- Then Came You by Jennifer Weiner – She was they Keynote Speaker at the BBC. I’ve never read her before (not into chick lit) but I’ll give this one a try.
- The Aleppo Codex by Matti Friedman – This was the one non-fiction that grabbed my attention and Matti and his publicist were so nice!
- The Shadowy Horses by Susanna Kearsley – While walking by this booth, the editor pitched this book and I told her she had me at “England and Archaeology.”
- Heaven Should Fall by Rebecca Coleman – I had this bookmarked on my BEA app, so I swung by the autograph booth to say hi.
- The Lost Prince by Selden Edwards – Another booth I had bookmarked and was able to drop by (my last author before leaving).
- I love my Penguin bag and I also got a magnetic bookmark, a chalkboard cup, a flexible book light and a Downton Abbey pen.
Here’s a variety of other stuff I acquired:
- A Night Like This by Julie Quinn – This was in my Harper Collins bag, and I’m not interested, so I”ll probably mooch it.
- Darker Still by Leanna Renee Keiber – Not a typical read for me, but it sounds Dorian Gray-ish.
- Matched by Ally Condie – Everyone at my table said this was a good one, so I’ll take their word for it.
- The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman – In my Harper Collins swag bag.
- A Gay and Melancholy Sound by Merle Miller – Picked this one up at the Amazon booth.
- The Flight of Gemma Hardy by Margot Livesey – In my Harper Collins Swag Bag, this one’s been on my radar for a while.
- The People of Forever Are Not Afraid by Shani Boianjiu – A Editor’s Buzz pick, the one I was most excited about.
- Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan – Another Editor’s Buzz and the editor completely freaked everyone out with the germs.
- In the Shadow of the Banyan by Vaddey Ratner – The fourth Editor’s Buzz book I found intriguing.
- BEA Buzz Books – Excerpts of the hottest books this season.
- WordPress for Dummies – In my BBC swag bag, I figured it might come in useful.
- Agorafabulous by Sara Benincasa – I memoir I heard positive things about, I scrounged from leftover swag bags at BBC.
- Porch Lights by Dorthea Benton Frank – In my BBC swag bag.
- The Beautiful Mystery by Louis Penny – I actually can’t remember where I got this one. Looks cool…
That’s everything, kids. In addition to blogging all this, I was also cataloguing and Goodreads-ing. 2 hours later, can I be done now?