I’m using Christine’s format to rant about Christmas, so bear with me here.
- Christmas Eve I woke up with a cough. I figured it was because of the dry air since it was -3 degrees out. MINUS THREE people. So I got up and went to work, only to have the aches set in mid-morning. By the end of the day it was obvious I had the flu.
- The last time I was sick was Easter. Being sick on both Easter and Christmas, I can only assume I did something to piss Jesus off.
- So Christmas Day I stayed home by myself wallowing in self pity.
- I got a new crock pot and plenty of other goodies, though no books (because really, do I need more?).
- I did get a gift card to Barnes and Nobel, which I hope to use to buy the last two books in the Griffin and Sabine trilogy.
- I got the new Sue Monk Kidd novel, The Invention of Wings from the publisher. I loved The Secret Life of Bees and The Mermaid Chair was decent, so I hope this one delivers, despite the Oprah selection.
- Today and tomorrow, I’m going to curl up on the couch with my copy of Elizabeth of York by Alison Weir and work on getting better. My fever broke, but I had to postpone plans with my dad until Saturday.
- I hope this post wasn’t too Grinch-y negative, but this is the reality of my less-than-ideal Christmas. Here’s to a much better New Years. And I hope you all had a lovely and healthy holiday…